Megan D. Burnett
Creative, passionate, and ambitious. Worked with a diverse demographic of people on a daily basis. Experience with conversational Spanish, able to read and write in the language. Driven to learn about other cultures. Determined problem solver.
- Types 100 wpm. Averages 3,000 words per day in personal creative writing
- Experienced with writing software such as Scrivener, Microsoft, and Apple products
- Experienced with graphic design software such as Canva.com, and ProCreate
- Able to work with Apple and PC operating systems
- Presentation Software Skills
- Excellent people and communication skills
Education & Certifications
Southern New Hampshire University Graduates August, 2020
Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
- Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching of Writing
University of Phoenix May, 2016
Bachelor of Arts in English
- Focus study in World History
Notary Public & Loan Signing Agent
North Carolina – January 2018 South Carolina – February 2018
Union County Public Library, Marshvile, NC July 2013 – Present
Library Associate November 2017- Present
- Aiding over 50 coworkers in customer service system wide, while providing direct customer service to the patrons of a specific branch.
- Help maintaining the collection, quality control, and lists to ensure our customers have the best selection we can offer.
- Manages cash register and patron accounts, handling problematic issues like fines and fees with customers. Handled customer disputes
- Help customers select books via technology
- Job search and resume services and helps students in research
- Hosts programs for the community three times a year
- Volunteers with local schools for reading tutorship
- Create the monthly program calendar and program flyers
Circulation Assistant July 2013 – November 2017
- Assisted the circulation department with quality control of items.
- Managed patron accounts & fees
- Handled customer disputes